After naps today, we got on our Christmas shirts and headed to get Brian from work for a special treat of mall dinner, visiting Santa and a cookie treat. The moment I got everyone buckled and came back in for the bags, it started raining like all get out. On the way I hear a wind advisory on the radio, a stop light is on the fritz and blinking... this is not the trip I envisioned. I expected some hurdles, but was expecting them at the mall!
So, once we were inside we ate quickly. Naylor and Lalon made a few laps around the Food Court area and then we headed to Santa's area. There was a tiny bit of a line, so Whitley Ann and I held a spot while Brian, Naylor and Lalon went to ride the carousel and some cars to help pass the time. Once it was our turn everyone went up, although Lalon was a bit hesitant to sit on Santa's lap. That was okay though, since they were full with two other kids, so she just stood in front. We got a few pictures - not the biggest smiles ever, but no tears, so I count that as a WIN!
No comments:
Post a Comment