

Today may have been the saddest day I've had in a while. Today was the day I've been dreading for nearly six months (or something like that). Our dear friends and neighbors, Stacy and Luke left this morning for Indiana. Dad Travis is staying through Thursday to meet with the movers and then will be driving to IN. They will be staying there for about a month while their new home is being built and will then settle in Fulton, MD (close to DC and Baltimore) just in time for sweet baby boy Fogg #2 to arrive early July.
Naylor was playing by the window this morning (as he does every morning after breakfast) and so we saw them loading up. We went and sat on the front steps and waved goodbye to our good friends as they drove off.
Stacy and Luke arrived safely in IN tonight and I know there are some happy grandparents tonight! I'm sure they will enjoy their time there and start getting excited about the 'real move' coming soon.
Stacy and Luke have been a big part of our lives for the past year and I'm thankful and proud to call them friends. I'm sad that Naylor and Luke won't be able to grow up together the way I had envisioned, but I know Stacy and I will both always cherish and remind them of the fun memories and all the firsts that we experienced together...heaven knows it is well documented thanks to digital cameras! :)
I hope that late this summer we can make a trip up to visit them and meet Baby Fogg.
No comments:
Post a Comment