Last Monday I went to the doctor for another monthly check along with my glucose screening. I haven't received a call from the dr, so no news is good news on the glucose front! Which is awesome because I didn't "pass" the first time with Lalon and had to do it again and thought I would die from the double dose of pure sugar they make you drink!
Also, since I haven't gained any weight to date (lost 4 lbs originally in early, early stages), but have maintained since then - they were really on me to gain some pounds... Luckily (or not?!?) this appointment was the Monday after Thanksgiving and fret not - I had done my due diligence in eating as much pie as possible to pass my homework assignment! Drum roll please.... I officially have now gained 2 lbs - Dr. Mong was pleased. (I gained 32 lbs with Naylor; 16 with Lalon).
Baby # 3 is still measuring right on track and doing everything it should be such as growing, stretching and kicking / hitting me, along with making sure to practice his / her jumping on my bladder.
Tonight I was looking at my list of things to do to prepare for our Christmas visitors as well as things around the house to wrap up prior to # 3 arriving and almost had a mini stroke. I'm now 28 weeks along, which means we're in the 3rd trimester (and starting to feel like it a bit too). I don't feel badly, just everything is a little more labored due to the belly - like bending over and such. The mini stroke occurred once I realized that if this baby is like it's big sister Lalon, we could have a newborn in our house within about 6 weeks - 6 WEEKS!?!?!?! I can't think about that right now, however, I did make a note on my to-do list to start packing the hospital bag and fill out my pre-registration papers for my next dr visit on the 30th.
Another observation, this just began this week... if you go by the old wives tale of heartburn = a head full of hair, as of today, I'd put this baby as having more than Naylor, but less than Lalon. Heartburn just kicked in this week, so Tums are my new best friend, but seriously, if that's the worst thing I have going throughout this whole pregnancy; I'd say I'm more than lucky!
My goal is to keep this little girl / guy in until 37 weeks... everyone cross your fingers and say an extra prayer that we can make it that long! (Lalon was born at 35; Naylor at 36 - full term is 40).
No comments:
Post a Comment