Monday, May 2, 2011

Paris Puffins


Recently, I've been remembering all the good things Mama made when I was little and have tried my hand at a few. Last week, Naylor and I made Paris Puffins for breakfast - a nice, light homemade muffin with a sugar and cinnamon topping - yummy! These too, were just as good as I remembered them to be and Naylor had a great time helping make them; he loves to help in the kitchen these days.

Paris Puffins, Ann E. Naylor

INGREDIENTS:
1/3 c. shortening (I use butter Crisco sticks for all of my shortening needs)
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. milk

Topping:
1/3 c. butter, melted (I had too much left over, so a little less would be okay)
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Muffins: Mix shortening, sugar and egg. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add alternately with milk. Bake in muffin pans filled 2/3 full at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

For Topping: Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Roll tops of muffins in melted butter, then in sugar mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment