Monday, May 16, 2011

Robin's weekend

Laura, Elizabeth, Rebecca and Robin
Robin, Jennifer and Rye
Kim Joyner and Robin
Rebecca, Laura, Robin, Rye and Natalie

I feel like I haven't "done" anything in years and then this weekend was packed full of fun! It was a nice treat to do any of these things, but all in one weekend was super special! Thanks to Brian for keeping the kids alive and injury free while I was out. :)

Friday night was our monthly girls night out dinner. We try to get together at least once a month to catch up with each other and have a fun time out; seems like we all got super busy and missed a couple of months, but I think we're now back on track! We've also been trying out new spots (or new to us) for each one, which is also a fun treat. On Friday we headed to Brio at Crabtree - a Tuscan Grille - which was phenomenal; if you haven't been, definitely worth a visit. I think I was impressed that it was so good to be a chain restaurant; the glass of wine may have helped with that thinking... It was a fun time catching up, talking about baby Harrison Swaringen that will be here in just a month; the exciting news of Shelley and Dale expecting # 2 early November! It was a really fun time as usual, but especially nice we went out on a Friday night when folks were a little more relaxed and less rushed to get back home.

Saturday night was my Meredith College 10 year reunion. Wait, that can't be right... I've been out of school 10 years?! Why yes, yes I have... There were reunion events going on all weekend on campus, but this was just the Class of 2001's social. We met at Solas in downtown Raleigh and it was so much fun to catch up with so many folks. I lived on 4th Stringfield my freshman year and that's where I made most of my lasting friendships - there are certainly others, but those folks transferred out and graduated from other places. It was just so nice to talk with everyone, see pictures of sweet babies and hear what folks are up to and where they are living. Our class had the largest turnout of all the classes with 69 in attendance! While I was enjoying a few beverages, my friend Michael was across the street at Sullivan's having dinner with his brother... that was good news for me! Michael and Blaine came over to Solas, saw a few of the girls (them being at State, they knew a lot of the folks there) and then Michael was gracious enough to give me a ride home in the Transit Connect (his work van).

Sunday, after getting to sleep in (thanks Brian!), we got up and headed downtown to pick up my car... how many years has it been since I've had to leave my car downtown and pick it up the next day?! We stopped for lunch at Amedeo's by campus, it was as delicious as I remembered and then kept on going to get the car.

I rounded out my weekend of Robin with a book club meeting here in the neighborhood. We had read Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult - a good read with a twist I wasn't expecting! This book club is actually a book and cook club, so we had breakfast for dinner with mimosas - always a treat.

It was really a great weekend, but I'm pooped!

1 comment:

  1. 4th String was a special place and it makes me wonder if the other halls were as silly as us! ha! So glad you came out...and that you were able to sleep in the next morning! :)

    ReplyDelete