Naylor and I went to pick out our tree last week and over this past week, Brian and I have taken turns putting it together when Naylor was napping or in bed. We figured if we kept adding to it when he wasn't around maybe it would help not bring so much attention to it and he'd leave it alone.
That plan worked really well for about 5 days and over the past two days, he's become very interested! We did think ahead and so about 3.5' down there are no ornaments, just lights - no need to invite him to pull on it and break stuff. I've found that his reach is further than I expected though, as I've found 3 different ornaments either in his mouth or on the floor nearby - luckily nothing has broken so I've just placed them back on higher.
He and Rudy (our dog-like cat) seem to now be in a competition to see which can tear it down first... so far Rudy seems to be ahead, but there's still plenty of time. Our first bet has been placed, let me know if you want to get in on some of the action! :)
the over/under is Christmas day and the first bet is under and Naylor
No comments:
Post a Comment