Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Some more firsts...

What a busy weekend we had! Brian's company party was Saturday (and they had a meeting that morning and go carting that afternoon) and I had a wedding to attend so we were shuttling kids here and there - teamwork at it's finest! Naylor got to go play at Carson's for the afternoon, which I don't know how long it's been since he's done that - my report says they had a good time. Then Brian picked him up, I got home from the wedding with Lalon and we shuttled them both across the street to Luke's for a mini slumber party while we went to dinner with his work folks. What a fun night out and a great bunch of folks! Then Sunday was the big Naylor family reunion and boy has the family grown since last Christmas... 4 new babies and of course being Naylor blood, they are all GIRLS!

When we got home that night, I set up Naylor's play table with some paper and pulled out the crayons I bought for him. Brian and I sat with him and did some drawing and he quickly got the hang of it and seemed to have fun. I think it was more exciting for me though...

Yesterday morning when Naylor, Lalon and I were coming downstairs for breakfast, Naylor wanted to stay upstairs and play with Rudy so I started saying 'bye-bye' to him. He quickly waved and said it back - well he said something more like 'nye-nye', but it was definitely the same tone and was consistent.

When he was playing last night he did something and I said 'yay, you did it!' and I'm 99% positive he said 'I did it!'. I asked Brian if he heard it and he said no and two seconds later he said it 2 more times... I think that was official.

He's also said Mama a couple of times, but generally when I've left and am coming back in the door is when I hear it.

Lalon is still just hanging out and doing well. She's definitely woken up, but overall still a really great baby.

The Higgins clan arrives this Friday and the festivities begin with all of our families... we're non-stop until the 27th and then I'll probably go on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment