


This is a random post, I'll admit, BUT (!!) one that I am so excited about! You can walk in our house now and for a minute almost think that adults live here - hooray! We no longer look (at first glance at least), like a full time daycare facility and nothing at the moment could make me happier. Now, if you stand back and take a minute, you'll see young ones are absolutely present by the amount of sippy cups and milk spots littering the floor - don't be fooled; they are still here!
We've turned our downstairs office into a play room. When we bought the house, of course Brian was working from home for IBM... that no longer being the case and having two toddlers and one more on the way, I needed the real estate for the overwhelming amount of gear these two have collected. Nevermind the endless stuff that will come back out of hiding once # 3 gets here (bouncy seats, swings, etc...). So the office is on a guesstimated 2-3 year hiatus to the 3rd floor and we now have a play room.
So far, the kids really love it and go in there and really play, which is awesome. We had an extra tv, so it's in there for them too, along with their chairs, train table, storage and house. It's perfect. And for me, at the end of the day when I want to just sit down, I can relax in a den that looks like a den. I found a leather coffee table ottoman at Sam's Club for a great deal, so that is our coffee table for now and works great. We do still have our really nice one, but I'd like to keep it really nice, so for the next few years it will stay in the attic storage where it is safe from little, sticky, harmful hands.
Minor changes in the scheme of things, no real purchases to make it happen, but a great transition for my sanity! Thanks to Brian and a slew of good friends that helped move everything since I'm temporarily incapacitated from doing such.
I've made great strides in the nursery too. It may not appear that way if you were to walk in, but the dresser has been cleaned out, the closet cleaned out, baby clothes sorted by gender / size, and all things baby are in that room. Over Thanksgiving, I hope to bribe and/or con Uncle Kevin into helping Brian move the tv and stand from the nursery to the 3rd floor and then we'll be as done as we can be until after the Christmas holiday when all of our house guests have departed.
Luckily, we have everything we could possibly need (and probably a little more) other than diapers of course! In January, I plan to put all the pieces in "place" and begin washing a few of the gender neutral clothes to have ready for Baby Higgins once he or she arrives. Oh, and no... we have not even really talked about a name; we've been too busy moving furniture! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment