Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday weight check

From Saturday, March 19th.

Poor girl, she was just hungry. Yesterday was 7 lbs 4.5 oz - has had formula for past 18 hrs with 8 wet diapers and 4 poops (more than she's had in 2 wks time) and weighed in just now (after a wet diaper) at 7 lbs, 8.5 oz!

I'm continuing antibiotics for the mastitis, we've moved to formula. I had a pity party for myself to grieve the loss of breastfeeding last night and have moved on. Hate we can't do it, but getting some form of nourishment is more important! And, everything I've read has mentioned how "relaxing, calming and bonding" nursing is supposed to be... we weren't exactly there just yet, so we've moved on and that's okay. We return to the pediatrician this coming Thursday for another weight check and then should resume a normal new baby well-check schedule.

Today Whitley is 2 weeks old and doing really great. Naylor also turned 2.5 years old today - he's grown up so much and is such a great helper with Lalon and Whitley. I think he's going to have a good watch on his baby sisters over the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment