Sunday, March 6, 2011

SHE'S HERE!!!

40 weeks and 1 day - baby will be here soon!

Whitley Ann

Whitley Ann with Mama and Daddy


It's a GIRL!

Whitley Ann Higgins born Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 9:34 pm weighing in at 7 lbs 12 oz and 21" long. Everyone is doing great and she's just as precious as she can be. We can't wait for her to meet her big brother Naylor and big sister Lalon!

Whitley Ann is named after all of her Grandmothers. Whitley is Grammy's last name (Brian's mom) and Ann is Annie's first name (Robin's mom) and Grandma T's middle name (Brian's step-mom). Technically, Grandma T spells hers Anne (with an 'e'), but with two special grandmas both having Ann(e), picking the middle name was a no-brainer!

For anyone that's curious, if she had been a he, the name was Whitley James.

I did joke around with some family members though that our names were Willie Tate or Euva May - Tate being short for Rhotate (who married Euva), and yes those are all family names! Maybe Christie can use one of those on her baby coming in August! So while we may have unusual names for our kids, they all have family meaning and are pretty much the cream of the crop that Brian and I could agree on! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Higgins family! She's gorgeous and we can't wait to meet her. Love to all five of you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations robin! I love her name! And I'm so glad she behaved and came full term!

    ReplyDelete