Last week we had a pretty bad rain storm (although the rain was definitely welcomed) and it knocked a tree down in our back yard. It's the tree the just 2 days before, Brian and D had come up with a plan on how to bring it down over Labor Day weekend. It's been dead since we moved in here 4 years ago and honestly, I'm surprised it hadn't fallen before now!
It was just around 10pm and I was upstairs reading in bed when I heard a loud thud. I didn't really react because the wind was pretty rough and generally when it's that bad it will knock over our neighbor's basketball goal. When I got up the next morning I saw that it was actually the tree that had cracked...
Luckily, it fell as pretty as you could have asked and didn't really mess anything up. We have a slight dent in the fence, but it's not noticeable and we're going to leave it as it is. The tree landed in Pat and Rachael's yard, but didn't leave a scratch on their place either. Amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment