Monday, June 20, 2011

We're going on a trip!

A picture I found online of the resort where we'll be staying.

I can't believe I'm even typing this entry... Brian and I are going on a real vacation, 7 nights, without any children - holy moly!! Now, I love all of my children dearly, but the prospect of a child-free vacation (and a week of it on top of that!), simply blows my mind.

We hadn't anticipated or were even looking for a trip this year, knowing it would most likely be next Spring or Fall before we ventured out on this kind of vacation, but our good friend Autumne told us about a Caribbean deal she and Blake were thinking about and before I knew it the wheels were in motion and as of this morning we are officially BOOKED! This will be our first real vacation of this nature by ourselves since our honeymoon, although we did take a pretty swanky trip to Italy with Gwen and Amanda maybe 5 years ago that was simply amazing.

At the end of July, we'll be spending a glorious week in sunny St. Thomas with our good friends Autumne, Blake, JP and Laura at an all-inclusive resort. Blake and Autumne went to St. Thomas last summer and know all the "places" to go and Blake has even contacted the "Captain" for a personal boat ride.

Now... to start the starvation diet as again, I had not anticipated being in a real bathing suit this quickly after having Whitley Ann and I'm pretty sure my "mom suit" just isn't going to cut it on a tropical island - ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment