Monday, September 12, 2011

A note from Grandma Ketten

I guess technically speaking, Grandma Ketten is Brian's step grandmother and the kids' step great grandmother (it's Grandma T's mama), but I just think of her as family.  She sends us notes and cards and gifts for the children and I know we are loved by her, no doubt.  I try to be good and send cards and pictures of the family to her as well and I seem to go in cycles with that - sometimes I'm all over it, mailing things monthly and then I go through spurts where it stays on my to-do list a little too long... right now I'm in the to-do list cycle.  Anyway, I was going through the mail and we'd gotten this note and devotion book from Grandma Ketten and as I'm catching up on the mail / bills / filing, I see her note.  It's funny how once you put your mind to something, then you see that everywhere - for instance, if you decide to buy a car, then suddenly you see that type of car all over the place.  Grandma Ketten's note spoke to me a little louder than usual this time and I thought it was good enough to share with you...

Now summer is quickly passing and time has run out for planning adventures that qualify for vacation and fun (out of daily grind).  Now it is time to once more dedicate ourselves to productive things called WORK.  What did you do so far?  For you?  For others?  For Jesus?  As we look back we will find what we've done so far this year and how few months are left to do what needs to be done and what we've neglected (or put off) to do.  He hasn't forgotten you!  And in spite of problems and circumstances which may have come, we need to refocus on Him - the most important One.  Been to church lately?  Read your Bible daily?  (That's your guide-book you know).  Prayed at least twice per day?  (Pray without ceasing?)  Given God and Jesus Thanks for ALL things continually (both good and bad considered)?  They are working on and for you 24 / 7.  Take the time answer the questions and please them for their constant love for and to you!

Love you - get going!

Grandma Ketten


No comments:

Post a Comment