They seemed pretty excited to be back home (Brian and I definitely were!) and loved playing with their toys - most of them new from Christmas that they really hadn't been home to play with yet! Sunday afternoon was a beautiful day, so we played outside with our buddy Noah in his bounce house and they loved it. I'm really looking forward to Spring when we can go outside and let them run around.
The kids quickly got back into their routines / schedules and things have been pretty smooth sailing. Brian is working from home to help with the heavy lifting (I'm still not supposed to pick them up if at all possible), so that has been very helpful. Lalon had 4 new teeth when she got home (3 of them molars!), was talking a bunch, her hair was longer and lighter and is smooth sailing in her walking now. She is also a miniature Grammy / Aunt Amanda - maybe she was before and I didn't notice, but she truly is a little Gwen running around now! Naylor was saying so much more and doing it more in sentences than when he left and I don't think we're too terribly far from the beginning stages of potty training - probably in the next 2-3 months... oh boy! He still has the same eyes / eyebrows as his Uncle Robert, but doesn't look as much like Uncle Robert or Uncle Kevin as he did before he left... he's just a little Naylor Reid now! Funny how Naylor doesn't really have any Higgins / Whitley looks to him (this week at least) and Lalon doesn't have any Naylor / Edwards in her, but somehow they kind of look alike. Not identical like they did this Fall, but you can certainly tell they are siblings.
Only one complaint (and not a big one mind you), but our house sure stayed straightened up much longer when it was just me and Brian and I wasn't really cooking - ha! I think I swept the kitchen floor more on their first day home than I did the whole time they were gone; actually, I know I did! Not too bad though in the scheme of things - it's good to have them home.
Brian and I are eternally grateful to Annie, Pa, Christie and Jamie for ALL of their help over the past 5 weeks... I don't think they make a "thanks for raising our kids" card or I would have bought it by now!
No comments:
Post a Comment