Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fun Saturday!

Naylor enjoying the salsa at our mexican dinner.
3 little monkeys!
Whitley Ann (8 weeks), Lalon (1.5 yrs), Naylor (2.5 yrs)

This afternoon while the girls and I were napping, Brian and Naylor were watching tv and saw a commercial for a movie with lions in it. Apparently, they saw the commercial a couple of times because they came upstairs and asked if we could go to the movies... say what?!?

So we hustled and got everyone dressed and headed out - the entire time I'm thinking I've lost my mind - and made it to the movies just in time. We went to see African Cats which was a documentary about lions and cheetahs, much like a National Geographic program. The kids loved seeing all of the animals and luckily the "attacks" weren't too graphic, so I don't think they realized what was happening during those parts. They probably talked a little bit more than the rest of the folks in the theater wanted, but it was cute stuff like, "a baby lion"; "cows!" (this is when referring to wildebeests). "elephants and zebras!".... hopefully, their cuteness overcompensated for their commentary! We were able to stay for almost the entire time, leaving only about 10-15 minutes early.

Afterward, we ran an errand and then out to eat for some Mexican. I was getting really nervous by this point on just how long we were going to be able to last in public with all three, but we made it!

Once we were home, we played some soccer in the back yard and then off for baths. Tonight, Whitley Ann got in the tub with Lalon and Naylor. I'm not sure if it was the splashing, yelling or new setting, but she was not as excited to be in there with those two, as they were to have her join them. I scrubbed her down pretty quickly and got her out - maybe she'll have more fun next time.

Overall, a pretty great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment