Monday, April 11, 2011

Lalon-isms




After "eating" yogurt, if you think she consumed any!
This was last Friday while the boys were at school and work. Lalon and I were decorating
with Easter stuff and she decided to dig through the recycling.
Guess she thought we should start the weekend early! :)

Lalon is just the funniest little person to me these days. She's almost always full of smiles (unless she's had a run-in with Naylor over a toy) and just generally happy. She seems to me to be much more independent than Naylor - she doesn't mind playing alone or doing her own thing as long as she knows someone is around or close by. I was trying to remember all the things she's doing and decided I needed to get them down before I forgot them all. I'll jot down what I can think of at the moment and most likely add to the list as the day goes on. She is a total copy cat these days - doing any and everything that Naylor will do, which sometimes is hilarious and other times not-so-much...

  • Naylor was in time-out the other day in the corner and making a big fuss. Lalon didn't know what was going on, but wanted in on the action so she walked up to the wall beside him, put her face against it, started yelling and slapping the wall with her hands!
  • Another time they were both banging on the fireplace cover, Naylor got his hand stuck in the vent part and starts crying. Brian helped Naylor out and was comforting him - Lalon goes over to the fireplace and puts her hand on it and starts to fake cry!
  • Nothing makes her laugh much harder than grabbing one of Naylor's things, making sure he sees that she has it, and then making a run for it! She usually doesn't get too far because she's laughing so hard about what she's done that she can't focus on running and will get tripped up. She thinks this is HILARIOUS and does it at least twice a day.
  • She's talking a bunch. Last week I was getting Naylor ready for school and she was eating breakfast. I asked Naylor if he was ready to go to school and poor Lalon says, "I wanna go!" and started crying a little - poor thing, I think she really enjoyed school at Ms. Virginia's when she was staying with Annie & Pa. We do have her signed up to do some school starting in September at Naylor's current school. They will both go for a half day on Thursday and Friday (8.30 - 12.30).
  • She LOVES to dance - especially in the car - I think she has her mother's moves (thank goodness, Daddy isn't so smooth on the dance floor)!
  • She did get her beautiful eyelashes from her Daddy though - I was rocking her the other day and looking at how pretty her eyes are - her lower lashes are already longer than my top lashes (not a huge feat, but pretty cool).

No comments:

Post a Comment