Saturday, April 16, 2011

Throwback...


Mama used to make this cake for my birthday when I was a little girl. I've been thinking about it recently with all the strawberries in the store, so I tried to make it for our playgroup egg hunt we had here yesterday. It was just as good as I remembered, but way sweeter!


Strawberry Cake - Ann E. Naylor

1 box white or yellow cake mix (I used DH Golden Butter Recipe)
1 sm. pkg. strawberry Jello
4 eggs
1 c. oil
1 c. strawberries, fresh or frozen

Icing:
1 box confectioners' sugar
1 stick soft butter
1 c. strawberries

Mix all ingredients for cake together. Bake in 2 or 3 layers at 350.

For icing:
Cream butter, add sugar and beat well. Add strawberries *slowly* and mix well. Frost between layers.

Note: I was concerned when I was beating the sugar and butter - it got kind of thick and appeared like fondant, but once the strawberries were added it smoothed out and became "creamy".

No comments:

Post a Comment