I cook quite a bit and the kids love to help me out. They each got their own apron from the Valentine's Rooster this year and love putting those on; somehow it makes it more official! I think one of their favorite things is to crack eggs and considering they are just 2 and 3 (Whitley Ann isn't in on that trick just yet) they do quite great handling them. They helped me frost Whitley Ann's cupcakes for her birthday party and loved doing that. On Whitley's actual birthday, we didn't have a sweet treat left from the party, so we made some brownies to celebrate her big day. We don't generally eat that many sweets, but seems like she needed to blow a candle on her actual birthday too!
They are the best helpers and I look forward to spending lots of time with them in the kitchen over the years. I hope that they enjoy helping me as much as I liked helping my Mama growing up... she sure did teach a lot, actually almost everything I know aside from a few Food Network tips, and is on speed dial for quick cooking answers even today!
Whitley Ann is eager to begin her lessons too!
Naylor thought it was funny to lick the frosting from the spreader - he asked me to take a picture!
Lalon and Naylor whipping up the birthday brownies!
No comments:
Post a Comment