Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Whitley Ann!

Our sweet baby girl turned 1 a week ago today (March 5th) and is just the sweetest thing in the world.  We are so grateful to have her complete our family; what a blessing she is!






Sunday we had our family over for her first birthday party full of pink and lots of food!  Annie, Pa, Aunt Christie, Uncle Jamie, Anna, Ava James, Ella and Aunt Amanda all came to celebrate with us.  It was a fun time and I just love, love, love seeing the kids playing together - not much makes me happier than seeing the cousins all together!

After dinner, we had some cake and ice cream to top off the celebration.  I had tried a new kind of cake, making it shades of pink and purple... I had some extra batter so I made some cupcakes which worked out great.  Just as we were getting the cake and candle ready, I remembered the cupcakes and popped a candle in each of them for the kids - they *love* blowing candles out and I figured it made each of them feel special to have their own; I think it was a hit.

Monday morning she woke up bright eyed and smiling as usual.  She had been a bit whiny in the middle of the night and pulling on her ear, so I called the pediatrician just as a precaution (I was nervous since we hadn't seen the ENT for our follow-up appointment.).  We went in and she looked great, guess she was upset to be a little older!


We went for her ENT follow-up on Wednesday and were there under 10 minutes - everything looked great and we go back in 6 months for another periodic check.  On Thursday we went for her 1 year well-check (stats below).  She's hitting all of her milestones as expected and by her 15 month appointment we hope she'll be saying a few more words and doing some walking.

Just this past week, she has taken a few steps here and there, as well as beginning to stand alone for longer periods, but no walking just yet...  Naylor and Lalon were both more in the 13-14 month age range before they were walking, so no huge surprises there.

The bottles have been put away and she's doing super great with her cups and milk, she's completely on real food and loving that.  She loves playing and interacting with Naylor and Lalon and they really enjoy playing with her too... it's fun to see them all playing together now.  She's also forward facing in the car seat and loves that and I love looking back and seeing them all dance, well at least the girls do!

Lots of love and fun in our lives these days!


1 year stats (as of 3.8.12): 
Weight: 21 lbs, 6 oz ~ 75%  (Born 7 lbs, 12 oz)
Height: 29" ~ 45%  (Born 21")
Head circ.: 45.8 cm ~ 75%
Received two booster shots and two new vaccinations; she was a little upset at first, but recovered quickly so she could give a harsh scowl to the nurse.  :-)

Pictures from the party and her birthday:  Happy 1st Birthday Whitley Ann!!

No comments:

Post a Comment