Saturday, January 1, 2011

Baby # 3

Baby # 3 had a great Christmas too and I'm sure he / she enjoyed all of the great Christmas food and goodies. I did my best to make sure he got a fair representation of everything that was offered during the holiday!

Once we had gone down to Annie and Pa's for Christmas, # 3 was feeling kind of "low" - I'm guessing with all of the action and excitement, maybe he had wiggled down a little bit. On our way home that Monday, I called the doctor's office just to check in and be on the safe side (given my early delivery history, I'm super paranoid). The dr. was able to work me in so we went straight there to get a quick look at the baby. The heartbeat was perfect, but given my "symptoms", the doctor thought it better to be safe than sorry and sent me over to Rex (which is connected to my practice) to get the steroid shot to help the lungs develop in the case of an early delivery.

Since we had come straight from Clinton, Brian took the very restless kids home and I hung out there while waiting for my shot - luckily I had a book with me! Since I was there, they hooked up the monitor belt so I got to sit and listen to # 3's heartbeat for about an hour and a half - strong and steady, so that was a fun distraction! Also, they noted that I wasn't having any contractions or any signs of labor, so that was comforting as well... I then finally got my shot and was on my way, but had to go back the next evening to get the follow-up shot. I'm all loaded up now, but certainly hope the shot was a safe precaution and not needed - my goal is to get to Valentine's Day!

Annie and Christie are super kind people (or officially crazy) and came up on Tuesday to help me out. They put away all of my Christmas stuff, took down the tree and decorations and then loaded the kids up and took them back to Newton Grove for the week. Their office was closed this week and after having to get the shot, they decided to put me on "bed rest" while they were able to help with the kids. I know Naylor and Lalon have had a blast with their cousins, cows, pigs, dogs and tractors... they may not want to come home today!

So, I've been taking it easy and spending LOTS of time in the bed. It has been nice to sleep in, but I'll be honest, it sure is quiet around here! I've been able to make a ton of lists of things to do before baby gets here and will soon be putting Brian to work on that - I know he's super excited that I've had all this time to think of more things for him to work on! ;-)

I went to the doctor on Thursday for my regular appointment and got another great report. Again the heartbeat was strong, a little lower this time 148-150 range and I had gained a little more weight (I can't imagine why after the holidays, I hardly ate at all - ha!). I'll have to double check my notes, but I believe I'm 4 or 5 lbs total gained to date. Right now the dr doesn't think that mandatory bed rest will be necessary, but told me to take advantage of the help while I had it. Amanda will be here next week to help out before she starts back to school. And, Naylor will be starting school next week - going on Thur and Fri 8.30 - 4.30 so that will be a small break too!

I will now start going to the doctor every 2 weeks and before we know it, we'll have a new little baby in our home again. I'm so excited to meet this little guy or gal, but want him to stay in and get a little bit bigger before I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment