We are continuing with Lalon's potty training and she is doing great - I am so proud of her. We've had a few accidents, which is expected, but she really has been knocking it out. The past two days have been accident free! Now we have a ways to go on the # 2's, but at this point, she's saving those for her nap time diaper, which is fine with me... okay, that's enough for the TMI! :-)
We are introducing cow's milk to Whitley Ann and weaning away from the bottles. I was scooping out some bottles earlier and realized how little formula we had left (and a week from being 1, I'm not buying more!) and we only have 5 bottles left - eeks! I definitely want to save one bottle for her procedure on Thursday as a form of comfort, so today she did sippy cups with real milk all day except at bed. She did really great and so far, no reactions, even better. So a little more than a week from being 1 and it feels my baby is growing up in strides. I have been able to sneak her upstairs around 7pm for bed each night while the others are down with Brian and she and I have had some quiet snuggles and two times has fallen asleep in my arms. Talk about sweet; she is just the best. I know of all the milestones, I think she may unknowingly be most excited about turning her car seat around - boy does she hate being in that thing!
Tomorrow will be a busy day of doctor's visits - Lalon goes to the pediatrician for her ear infection follow-up and then I take Whitley Ann for her pre-op visit to make sure she's good to go for her ear tubes Thursday morning. For the surgery on Thursday, we are currently slated to arrive just after 6 am and our procedure around 7:30 am. Amanda is going to come over tomorrow night so that Brian and I both can take Whitley and then Amanda will take Naylor and Lalon to school Thursday morning. I plan to just bring Whitley Ann home and have a quiet, relaxing day with her as she recovers.
I'll keep you posted on how things go tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment