Friday, February 10, 2012

Naylor update

Naylor has really blossomed as a 3 year old - enjoying being the 'big boy' of the family and helping Mommy and Daddy.  This week he went to the dentist for the first time and did a great job!!  We did a few practice runs of what might happen while we were there and I think that was helpful, as well as our awesome hygienist Jessica who was wonderful in keeping Naylor at ease.  She showed him her John Deere toothbrush (winning!), let him wear some SpiderMan sunglasses (winning!) and showed him her super big flashlight (heck yeah!).  Oh, and he got to watch Mickey Mouse all the while.  I was so pleased with how well he did, so he got to pick out a prize Lighting McQueen car on the way home.


We just recently got the Cars movies and he *loves* them!  He's always had a thing for cars, but now it's over the top and he likes to set up races.  This basically means he lines as many cars up as possible and just marvels at them.  Every once in a while, the "Whitley Monster" (she comes out just about the time a race is ready) will crash the race, but generally he's even a good sport about that.

Some fun things he says that I want to jot down before I forget them...


  • The other morning he came in the bedroom and told me I needed to get up because the sun was awake.
  • He likes to give a high 5, but will say, "get me five!"
  • If when he is getting dressed his shirt is inside out, he'll say, "My shirt is in outside!".  
A race lining up...

Another race he made before bed time...

All yesterday he kept sitting at the table with a few trucks and saying it was his office.
At dinner he didn't want to eat in his office - he's so funny!
I have a list somewhere of other funnies, but can't find it at the moment - I'll add to this when I do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment