Dr. Artman did ask about our next visit to the cardiologist, that he could certainly still hear his heart murmur... I did not want to hear that at this visit. Dr. Milazzo (our cardiologist) said at Naylor's 2 year check that it was slowly closing and for him to come back at 4 years old for another check. It will be at the 4 year check that we have to start getting serious about the possibility of surgery to correct it. And while that's a year away and it's allegedly closing on it's own, I'd certainly rather it just hurry it up and close already because the thought of Naylor having to have his chest cracked open and his heart repaired is more than I can think about. So I'm not going to actively think about it until I have to.... although, it's always in the back of my mind that it's there and will be until I know that it's no longer an issue. For those of you that are scratching your heads wondering, "WTH?!?!" Naylor was born with a VSD - basically almost every single person is born with one small hole in their heart that closes almost immediately. Naylor was born with 2 holes, the "normal" one that closed up and then the other that we have to have checked occasionally. It's at the 4 yr check that it's either closed on it's own or needs further examination - so one year to go for us - say a quick prayer to close up!
Naylor is still pacing along as a 'wee one' - for now, we don't have to worry about him getting fat. I was *so* excited just this fall when I was able to finally put some 2T pants on him without having to roll up the waist and the legs! Most of his pants that fit the best are 18-24 months and every once in a while we'll get lucky and find a 2T that doesn't swallow him whole. So, 2T clothes for a 3T boy - no problem here, he's just petite! Our neighbor and friends Rachael and Paxton are kind to share some of Paxton's things with Naylor... we laugh though because Paxton is 6 months younger than Naylor, so we joke about Paxton's hand-me-ups! If you put their dads side-by-side though, it's obvious their futures... Pat is 6' 3" +/- and Brian is 5' 7" (and that's on a "tall" day!).
Here are his stats from our visit - he did really great during the doctor's appointment - he's turned in to the sweetest little boy, an amazing big brother and I just can't get enough of him!
**okay, so at this particular moment, I can't find his exact stats, so I'll have to post them later - I do think it was something close to 25 lbs and 35" +/-**
No comments:
Post a Comment