Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Anatomy lesson



Naylor was just going to the bathroom and Lalon comes in and says that she needs to go pee.  She is not potty trained, but we're starting to talk about it with her and when she asks to go, I'll set her up on the seat; generally nothing happens, but sometimes I get surprised!

So Naylor finishes his business (he's standing to pee now) and Lalon gets ready and I set her on the seat.  She sits there for about 5 seconds and then says, "all done.".  So I get her down and then she turns to stand in front of the toilet trying to "go" like Naylor does.  Here's the conversation that takes place next:

Me: Lalon girls sit on the potty; you have to sit up here like a big girl like Mommy does.

Naylor:  Yeah Lalon, you no have a penis and Mommy no have a penis and Whitley no have a penis.

Me (in my head): well yeah, but @$*&%??????

Me (out loud):  That's right Naylor, girls don't have a penis so we sit on the potty.

Naylor:  Yeah, girls no have a penis.  Just Naylor and Daddy and boys have a penis because girls are funny.

Naylor exits the bathroom and I just sit on the floor trying to figure out what to do next...  it was to get a diaper on Lalon and start dinner!

1 comment: