Annie and Pa gave the kids two Halloween books to be reading in preparation for the big event. One is called Five Little Pumpkins and the other is of course, the classic, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. These books have both been top picks for bedtime reading over the past two weeks and tonight Naylor started "reading" the Five Little Pumpkins on his own (it isn't long, he's basically memorized it). Still, it was super cute so I recorded it to send to Annie and Pa - I watched it again later and just had to share it on here too. There are two videos, one of Naylor "reading" it by himself in bed (which is why it's dark) and another with Lalon doing some funny hand motions and Whitley Ann breathing like a pug dog while trying her best to grab the camera out of my hand. I'm not sure what in the world Lalon's doing, but maybe Naylor is the announcer and Lalon is the sign language interpreter! :)
Here's the gist of the story so that you can decipher what Naylor is saying; I made hime do it about 5 times, so he was getting over my asking him to keep doing it. I'll have to have my recorder handy tomorrow night and get the good first version before he gets too tired!
basically 5 pumpkins sitting on a gate
- says it's getting late
- witches in the air
- dear folk beware
- let's run and run
- let's have some fun
woooo went the wind / out went the lights / 5 little pumpkins rolled out of sight.
No comments:
Post a Comment