Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Lalon Hope!



Today is Lalon's 2nd birthday and it's off to a great start!  She got some early morning birthday presents of princess stuff and then we went to the doctor for our regular check-up.  Everything looked good except we had a surprise ear infection (she hasn't complained, so I had no idea, guess it's remnants from last week's croup).  So, we got some medicine for that, but other than that, all was great.  She's a healthy, happy girl and lots of fun.

It seems so long ago that we were on our way to the hospital although I didn't think we'd make it in time to have her (and we almost didn't), but we did get there.  And she was so, so tiny... just an itty, bitty 5 1/2 pounds and I believe 1 pound of it was dark hair!  I'm fine not thinking too much about those 9 long days that I couldn't bring her home, but had to visit her in the NICU.  How excited I was the day the nurse said I could really hold her for the first time.  And looking at her now, so sweet and smiley, manipulating any situation to her advantage... she's always been a fighter, that's for sure!

Here are her stats on her actual birthday:

26 lbs ~ 40%
34.25" ~ 60%
47.7cm ~55%



Check back tomorrow for pictures from her birthday party celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment