
Well I had high expectations for this dish and while it was good, I think I had worked it up in my head WAY too much! I'll make it again (especially the pasta / veggie part), but next time I may just marinate and grill the chicken. For this, I used some thin sliced chicken breasts and it was a little too salty for my liking - not sure if it's because the meat was thin it absorbed all the salt or if it's just a salty dish. Naylor loved and again ate it up (while I was chopping veggies, he snacked on some red and yellow peppers - pretty cool) and Brian liked it as well, but so far the overall winner this week was the salmon.
Please note the chicken needs to marinate 8 hrs for this recipe.
Blackened Chicken Fettuccine
1 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
1 T dried thyme
1 T dried oregano
1 T paprika
1 T dried tarragon
1 T ground nutmeg
1 t salt
1 t ground red pepper
1/2 t black pepper
2/3 c olive oil
1/2 c Worcestershire sauce
5 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
1 (12 oz) pkg dried fettuccine (I used whole wheat and couldn't taste a difference)
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 carrots, diagonally sliced
1 c dry white wine (I used a Sauvignon Blanc)
3/4 c whipping cream
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 T water
1 t cornstarch
Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Combine the first 12 ingredients in a heavy duty zip top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator 8 hrs, turning bag occasionally.
Remove chicken from bag, discarding marinade. Cook chicken in melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes on each side or until well browned. Remove chicken from skillet, reserving drippings in skillet. Slice chicken diagonally, and set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well. Set aside. Saute peppers, celery, onion and carrot in drippings in skillet 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add wine, whipping cream and tomato. Simmer 5 minutes.
Combine water and cornstarch; stir well. Add to vegetable mixture in skillet. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add chicken and pasta, tossing well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment