Monday, February 22, 2010

Honey Teriyaki Salmon


WOW!! This was amazing and we will definitely be having it again. Brian has been begging for a fish dish forever and I don't know why, but I've always had this stigma about preparing / cooking fish... not sure why, this was wonderful, super easy prep and cooked in 10 minutes! And again, it passed the test; I served it with brown rice and steamed broccoli and Naylor ate every single bite and even had seconds! Brian and I also enjoyed a nice chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc which was quite delightful. On deck for the remainder of the week: Blackened Chicken Fettucine, Stuffed Peppers and Steak Salad - I'll let you know how it goes!


PLEASE NOTE: The recipe calls for the salmon to marinate for 6 - 24 hours prior to cooking... I almost missed that, but luckily was planning ahead today and was able to get it going before the 6 hr window passed.


Honey Teriyaki Salmon


1/4 c reduced sodium soy sauce

1 T chopped peeled fresh ginger

1 T honey

1 T fresh lemon juice

1 garlic clove, crushed

4 (1/4 lb) skinless salmon filets


1) Whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, honey, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl until the honey has dissolved; pour into a large zip-close plastic bag. Add the salmon, squeeze the air out, and seal the bag; turn to coat the salmon. Regrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.



2) Remove the salmon from the marinade; transfer the remaining marinade to a small bowl.



3) Spray a large ridged grill pan or nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add the salmon and cook 5 minutes. Turn the salmon, brush with the reserved marinade (discard any excess marinade), and cook until just opaque in the center, about 5 minutes more. Serve at once.


I got this recipe from a Weight Watchers cookbook and it has a POINTS value of 4 if you use WW.

1 comment: